What Do We Recommend?
We always opt for ZIRCONIA (CAD CAM) all-ceramic, E-MAX (CAD CAM) all-ceramic, PFM crowns when they’re needed. These materials match the natural colour of your teeth far better than other types of crowns, which are made of metal and draw undesired attention to themselves.
Click here to reserve an appointment today.
When we rejuvenate your smile with a Ceramic Crown, you’ll be able to eat, talk, smile, and laugh without worry of embarrassment. Your smile stays looking bright, and you can go about your daily activities with confidence.
Advantages Of Zirconia Crown
Zirconium is becoming one of the most chosen materials for dental crowns. Its many advantages include:
- SUPERIOR LOOKS : As Zirconia is white naturally, it allows the transformations to any shade which match with the rest of your teeth. Zirconia is translucent, thus, it mimics the translucency of your natural teeth.
- MORE CONFIDENT SMILE : Zirconia has no metal layer. Porcelain Fused to metal crowns/ PFM were popular earlier, however they have a metal layer underneath the porcelain layer which is on top of the crown. This fusion / metal lining is visible usually at the gum line. This is more evident when you smile. Zirconia crowns help you get over this and boost your confidence. You can also give Zirconia any shape/ size to match the rest of your teeth.
- 100% BIOCOMPATIBLE : No Zirconia crown allergy has been reported so far. (The fact that this material is biocompatible means that it is safe to stay within your mouth for a long time. There is no need to worry about any adverse / allergic reactions from your body because it is not rejected by the human body)
- EXTRAORDINARILY TOUGH : Zirconia is the strongest crown, it can withstand wear and tear. It does not chip off, unlike porcelain. If you maintain it well, it can stay in your mouth forever. It is at least five times stronger than porcelain or porcelain fused to metal/ PFM. It also tolerates chewing or biting forces well. It has a very high flexural strength: Zirconia has a flexural strength of 1200 MPa. (Flexural strength is the force that your crown tolerates)
- THEY BOND WELL WITH YOUR TOOTH : Zirconia crowns adhere well to your tooth. One of the reasons why PFM crowns were the preferred choice is that the metal surface bonds well with the tooth and holds the crown in place. Zirconia also has this property. These crowns require less tooth removal (cutting) than many other types of dental crowns.
- METAL FREE : Many people used to prefer gold crowns because of its excellent physical properties. However, now since looks are more important to people, they want to look natural and young. Some people also don’t like having metals in their body. Zirconia is most suited for them.
- The aesthetic effects alone of a Zirconia Crown should be the biggest advantage it can give.It is important that you have dental crowns that will look natural especially if it will be placed at the front teeth and will be visible beside the natural teeth.
- Zirconia manufacturers are now producing and designing dental crowns custom milled from solid block of the material and baked at ultra high temperatures to ensure that the finished crowns are almost indestructible.
Click here to learn more about Dental Crown.
Advantages Of E-max Crown
E-max system based prostheses possess several advantages, which make them ideal for fabrication of fixed prostheses in the anterior region:
- BEST MATCH TO YOUR NATURAL TEETH : An important aesthetic requirement for all-ceramic prostheses is that they should possess sufficient translucency that matches your natural teeth. E-max crowns possess an ideal blend of translucency and lifelike appearance, that makes them suitable for restoration of front teeth. They are more translucent than Zirconia crowns.
- ALL-CERAMIC PROSTHESES : E-max based prostheses do not contain any metal alloy beneath the porcelain. This means that a unsightly grey line of the underlying metal will not be visible at the gum lines, and the crowns will look just like your natural teeth.
- DURABILITY : E-max Crowns are prepared from lithium di-silicate, which is a glass ceramic and possesses excellent strength. Thus, E-max crowns are less likely to crack or fracture during clinical usage. They are less likely to chip when compared to Zirconia crowns!
- ABILITY TO BE MILLED : Another benefit of E-max crowns is that they can be quickly fabricated by using CAD CAM milling. E-max crowns are prepared from a high quality monolithic block of Lithium di-silicate. All the dentist needs to do, is to prepare the teeth, make a digital impression and feed It into the CAD-CAM machine software, and voila! E-max crowns are ready for cementation!
- CONSERVATION OF TOOTH STRUCTURE : Since E-max crowns possess excellent strength and fracture resistance, these crowns can be prepared in very thin sections. This not only ensures optimal esthetics, but also requires minimal removal of natural tooth structure during preparation. The more the tooth structure you have, better is your oral health. When you have more tooth structure, your tooth stands stronger.
- MULTIPLE OPTIONS FOR TEETH RESTORATION : The best thing about the E-max system is that it is not limited to all-ceramic crowns only. Rather, this system can also be used to fabricate veneers, inlays, onlays, overlays, and even short-span bridges to replace front teeth.
Click here to view our before after gallery of Dental Crown at LASER DENTAL.