What Is Dental Bridge?
Dental Bridge help protect the roots of your teeth while providing a solid surface that allows normal chewing. Because your Bridge is anchored to the adjacent teeth, it can help defend them against future decay, while rejuvenating a smile that’s become cracked or incomplete.
Click here to reserve an appointment today.
How We Do It?
We sculpt Bridges with an eye on precise craftsmanship and perfect fit. Once our dental lab has fabricated your Bridge to our exact specifications and requirements, we take all the time you need to get the fit and feel just right. And of course, we always ensure that your Bridges have the best possible visual appeal.
In only two visits, we can bring your smile back to life with a Ceramic Dental Bridge (ZIRCONIA / EMAX).
If that’s what you need, call LASER DENTAL today to make an appointment: 01787-660055
Advantages Of Zirconia Bridge
Zirconium is becoming one of the most chosen materials for dental bridges. Its many advantages include:
- SUPERIOR LOOKS : As Zirconia is white naturally, it allows the transformations to any shade which match with the rest of your teeth. Zirconia is translucent, thus, it mimics the translucency of your natural teeth.
- MORE CONFIDENT SMILE : Zirconia has no metal layer. Porcelain Fused to metal bridges/ PFM were popular earlier, however they have a metal layer underneath the porcelain layer which is on top of the bridge. This fusion / metal lining is visible usually at the gum line. This is more evident when you smile. Zirconia bridge help you get over this and boost your confidence. You can also give Zirconia any shape/ size to match the rest of your teeth.
- 100% BIOCOMPATIBLE : No Zirconia bridge allergy has been reported so far. (The fact that this material is biocompatible means that it is safe to stay within your mouth for a long time. There is no need to worry about any adverse / allergic reactions from your body because it is not rejected by the human body)
- EXTRAORDINARILY TOUGH : Zirconia is the strongest bridge, it can withstand wear and tear. It does not chip off, unlike porcelain. If you maintain it well, it can stay in your mouth forever. It is at least five times stronger than porcelain or porcelain fused to metal/ PFM. It also tolerates chewing or biting forces well. It has a very high flexural strength: Zirconia has a flexural strength of 1200 MPa. (Flexural strength is the force that your bridge tolerates)
- BOND WELL WITH YOUR TOOTH : Zirconia bridges adhere well to your tooth. One of the reasons why PFM bridges were the preferred choice is that the metal surface bonds well with the tooth and holds the bridge in place. Zirconia also has this property. These bridges require less tooth removal (cutting) than many other types of dental bridges.
- METAL FREE : Many people used to prefer gold crowns because of its excellent physical properties. However, now since looks are more important to people, they want to look natural and young. Some people also don’t like having metals in their body. Zirconia is most suited for them.
- The aesthetic effects alone of a Zirconia Bridge should be the biggest advantage it can give.It is important that you have dental bridges that will look natural especially if it will be placed at the front teeth and will be visible beside the natural teeth.
- Zirconia manufacturers are now producing and designing dental bridges custom milled from solid block of the material and baked at ultra high temperatures to ensure that the finished bridges are almost indestructible.
Click here to learn more about Dental Bridge.
Advantages Of E-max Bridge
E-max system based prostheses possess several advantages, which make them ideal for fabrication of fixed prostheses in the anterior region:
- BEST MATCH TO YOUR NATURAL TEETH : An important esthetic requirement for all-ceramic prostheses is that they should possess sufficient translucency that matches your natural teeth. E-max bridge possess an ideal blend of translucency and lifelike appearance, that makes them suitable for restoration of front teeth. They are more translucent than Zirconia bridge.
- ALL CERAMIC PROSTHESES : E-max based prostheses do not contain any metal alloy beneath the porcelain. This means that a unsightly grey line of the underlying metal will not be visible at the gum lines, and the crowns will look just like your natural teeth.
- DURABILITY : E-max bridge are prepared from lithium di-silicate, which is a glass ceramic and possesses excellent strength. Thus, E-max bridges are less likely to crack or fracture during clinical usage. They are less likely to chip when compared to Zirconia bridges!
- ABILITY TO BE MILLED : Another benefit of E-max bridge is that they can be quickly fabricated by using CAD CAM milling. E-max bridges are prepared from a high quality monolithic block of Lithium di-silicate. All the dentist needs to do, is to prepare the teeth, make a digital impression and feed It into the CAD-CAM machine software, and voila! E-max bridges are ready for cementation!
- CONSERVATION OF TOOTH STRUCTURE : Since E-max bridge possess excellent strength and fracture resistance, these bridges can be prepared in very thin sections. This not only ensures optimal esthetics, but also requires minimal removal of natural tooth structure during preparation. The more the tooth structure you have, better is your oral health. When you have more tooth structure, your tooth stands stronger.
- MULTIPLE OPTIONS FOR TEETH RESTORATION : The best thing about the E-max system is that it is not limited to all-ceramic bridges only. Rather, this system can also be used to fabricate veneers, inlays, onlays, overlays, and even short-span bridges to replace front teeth.
Click here to view our before after gallery of Dental Bridge at LASER DENTAL.
Is Bridge Better Than Dental Implant?
Dental Implant doesn’t give any pressure or strain on other teeth. Another great advantage of Implants is that they can be used to replace more than one missing natural tooth. In case of a Bridge, a dentist will need healthy adjacent teeth for support. … Dental Crowns and Bridges will have to be replaced every 10 to 15 years.
Click here to know about our Financial Arrangements.
How Long Does A Dental Bridge Last?
Dental bridges can last up-to 15 years and even longer. With good oral hygiene and regular checkups, it is not unusual for the life span of a fixed bridge to be over 10 years. At LASER DENTAL we utilise highest quality materials for the fabrication and placement of Dental Bridge. Dr. Shihabur Rahman recommends CAD-CAM fabricated Zirconia/E-max bridge over Porcelain bridge.
Click here to watch our Educational videos.
How Many Teeth Can Be On A Bridge?
A Bridge is made up of two crowns one on each tooth on either side of the gap. These two anchoring teeth are called abutment teeth and a false tooth/teeth in between. The number of teeth can be on a bridge depends on the position of remaining teeth and their bone support.